Friday, May 4, 2012

Alberstons Doubles, Waffle Irons, and Wonderful Savings! Oh My!

Hello once again. This week has been pretty good to me in the money saving department. I am pleased to say that the hubby and I did not have one of those--' Why are you spending SO MUCH money??' And when that happens I am a happy woman. Anyway. For those who would like to see how I spend so little-- (still could do better in some areas) I have decided to document my weeks.

Monday: Double Deals at Albertsons




Transaction # 1:
Ajax Dish Soap $2.19
Used (1) $1.50 off Dish Detergent catalina
=$0.69

Paper Plates $1.39
Used (1) $1.00 off paper products, cups, etc catalina
= $0.39

Buy one Get One FREE sandwich bags $1.99 ea
Paid $0.99 for each (plus I didn't realize I got the colorful kind :))

2 Ragu Pasta Alfredo Sauce on sale for $1.00 (Usually these are $2.99) 

Bread 1.49

Final Price: $8.47

Doubles Transactions:

Transaction #2

2 General Mills Cereals 2/ $5 
Doubled (1) $1/2 coupon for 2 General Mills Cereals
= $1.50 ea

Trident Gum 3 Pack $2.89
Doubled (1) $1/1 Dentyne, Trident, or Orbit ( I think it was Orbit...) Gum
= $0.89

Hershey Almond Pieces $3.49
Doubled (1) $1/1 Hersheys Almond Pieces Coupon
= $1.49

Final Price: $ 5.89 ( 59% savings!)

Transaction #3:

4 Dove Singles Candy Bars $0.79 ea
Used (2) $0.50/2 Dove Singles Coupon
=$0.29 ea or $1.16 for all 4


Oscar Myer Deli Meats $5.59
Used (1) $1 off one Oscar Myer Lunchmeats
= $3.59

Final Price for all 3 transactions: $19.90
Price it would have been w/o coupons or sales: $42.67
Aprox. 50% savings!


 Wedsday:WIC and other groceries

Thank goodness for WIC (Women, Infants and Children) or else our family would be living on boxed foods. So we got some great produce from Albertsons, like the strawberries were $2.50 each. Yum.

So I am proud to say that this week I spent: $43.65 on groceries!


Thursaday: Oil change at Grease Monkey and Deseret Industries finds

If you haven't been to Grease Monkey I highly reccomend them. First of all they are very friendly and honest people, they don't charge for any fluff and they vacum your car along with an oil change. I like them. Plus their wait room has toys, my daughter likes them too!
Also in the ValPac there is a coupon for $5 off a full service oil change. So I spent $38 to get my oil changed-- not a bad deal. Another service that they offer, is to pick up your car, change the oil, then re-deliver your car to you for FREE. So if you are crazy busy, take advantage of that.

 Deserrt Industries finds:
$6.00 Calvin Klien shirt, usually priced $20
$8.00 Waffle Iron (super nice one too!) usually priced $40!

Total price: $14.84 (Happiness not included.)

 The of course we did a cheesy date that consisted of $9 to bowl and went to The Dollar Store. It was really fun, to spend time with my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment