Thursday, April 5, 2012

Welcome to Living on A Nickle!

Hello All,


Recently I have taken up a new obsession. A good one. I have taken up couponing, and I've been pretty successful at it. What is couponing you may ask? Well its when you are up at 2 am and you are matching up coupons with things on sale. Or when you are hording a $1.50 off coupon because you just KNOW that it will be on sale soon. Or you are that lady that says: "Hey theres a coupon for that....". But mostly couponing is about stretching your dollars.


 I don't know about you, but this recession has hit our family hard. It hasn't been easy living on student loans, having a growing baby, and my husband going to school. I knew I had to step in and do something. So-- I started couponing. I thought I would just take it easy and just do a coupon here or there. But as the coupon fate would have it-- my first couponing deal was 96% savings. I got toothpaste for $0.33 and some Friskies cat treats for FREE, for a friend. It was a total of $8.12 saved!


Okay that might not seems like a HUGE deal to the person who lives in a mansion and has toothpaste in gold tubes. But to me that means a lot. I enjoy saving money and getting things for free. It helps me feel in control, when financially sometimes I feel out of control.


Now you know the 'why' of couponing-- but do you know the 'how'? Well its not a simple answer. But this I can tell you that it takes A LOT of time. Its pretty much like a job. To me--a fun job :). If you would like to learn more about couponing or just saving money in general-- FOLLOW ME.


You can send questions my way-- and I will do my best to answer. I will also be posting some useful sites that will help you on your way to couponing. Also I will be posting some freebie sites. Come on, who doesn't like FREE things. If you even say that word my mouth starts salivating. Sad, but true. 


2 comments:

  1. Yay! I definitely need help being a couponer. sometimes i use a coupon here or there but man. i want to be as good as those extreme couponers! (okay maybe not that obsessive...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the cheapest person on earth, I approve of this message

    ReplyDelete